Saturday, February 17, 2007

Adventures in Aquariumland

I just tore down my old 10 gallon planted aquarium and rebuilt it with a new substrate (well, new to me, anyway) by CaribSea Inc. It's called Eco-Complete (TM) Planted Aquarium Substrate. Basically, this stuff comes prepackaged with everything plants need for healthy growth.

This is the beginning of my Adventures in Aquariumland series, which will be updated whenever I feel like it.

Here's my first picture. Very plain, very new. On the right are two separate pieces of driftwood propped up against the side and back walls to make a small cave for hiding.

At the left are some Italian Vals (Vallisneria spiralis) and in the center is what i believe to be Cryptocoryne wendtii, though I'm not entirely sure since I bought it long ago and never kept track of the names of the plants I was buying.