Thursday, August 9, 2007

Greasemonkey for Firefox

I know it's been out for a long time now, but I've just discovered the Greasemonkey extension for Firefox. There are countless reviews about it on the web, so I won't bore you with those details. Rather, I will simply endorse it and proclaim it an absolute must-have firefox extension if you spend lots of time on the web.

For those who don't know, Greasemonkey is a Firefox extension that basically re-works web pages of your choice to make them look and act the way YOU want them to. Click here (Wikipedia entry) for more details on that.

Meanwhile, I can tell you that I'm using Greasemonkey to make posting this blog entry a little more efficient, I use it to get rid of all the clutter on my MySpace profile editing page (say goodbye to every single ad they serve up) and it has proven exceedingly handy while on Digg.

Some other must-have Firefox extensions:
  1. FasterFox
  2. NoScript
  3. Foxmarks Bookmark Synchronizer
  4. Minute Minder for AT&T Service (if you have Cingular/AT&T Wireless)
  5. Session Manager
  6. IETab
Here are two extensions that don't get daily usage, but rather are very handy when things could be "just a little more efficient"
  1. Split Browser
  2. Viamatic foXpose