Thursday, April 24, 2008

Source: Qik coming to iPhone "pretty soon"

Still in its alpha beginnings, Qik (qik.com) has a really cool concept: stream live video and audio from your mobile phone to the web for anyone to see. The iPhone seems like the perfect match for this service, but it only supports various versions of Nokia phones at the moment.

This may be changing. I hear tell from a little bird that iPhone support is coming soon... "Pretty soon," according to my source inside Qik. While that is a pretty vague response, it's specific enough for me to be excited. Let's hope they get the interface right.

The only catch I'm wondering about is: Will it work on the current iPhone, which uses the EDGE network (slow), or will it only work on future iPhones that will support the faster 3G network? I suppose you could use wifi.

Your thoughts?

UPDATE 6/12/08: This has now been confirmed by Kevin Rose of Digg.com (He's getting it installed this weekend.)