Friday, May 22, 2009

Go make someone's day today

It's Friday and for some reason I'm in a particularly good mood this morning. So, I decided to respond to what many people might view as a boring but necessary corporate reminder about filling our our time sheets. Apparently, that email made her day, which in turn made mine.

All personally identifiable/confidential information has been changed, except my name.

________________________________________
From: Doe, Jane
Sent: Friday, May 22, 2009 10:30 AM
To: Paul, Michael
Subject: RE: Approvals and the holiday weekend

Thank you so much for the note. I really appreciate it, it made my day!!

________________________________________
From: Paul, Michael
Sent: Friday, May 22, 2009 9:51 AM
To: Doe, Jane
Subject: RE: Approvals and the holiday weekend

Jane,

Please never feel like you are a broken record when you’re sending out important information like this about how to set up a delegate. There are always new people coming on board who don’t yet know how to do this, and there are always those of us who might want to add another one and haven’t done it in a long time. Not speaking for myself; just standing up for others.

Also, I find a lot of value in these reminders. There have been several times where I have left work on Friday without submitting my time sheet and my project’s designee always sends me a text message reminding me of my blunder. I thank her for that, just as I thank you for this. :)

Keep up the great work, and I hope you have a great weekend too.

Mike
________________________________________
From: Doe, Jane
Sent: Friday, May 22, 2009 9:11 AM
To: All Members
Subject: Approvals and the holiday weekend

Hello everyone. As we look forward to a long weekend; I wanted to remind you to submit your timesheets today if possible, since the approval deadlines will not change and Monday, May 25th is a holiday. I am sure you all have this down by now, but here is a reminder on how to set up a delegate in PSA if necessary.

[Instructions]

I know you are all working really hard these days; and I hope you are able to enjoy a relaxing and fun-filled holiday weekend.

~Jane

Jane Doe | HR Director
Our Great Company | p.213.867.5309| c. 213.867.5309| f. 213.867.5309
123 Green St, Suite 1| Greensville, CA 90210